Friday 16 January 2015

7 Deadly Sins Of Beauty






Well, welcome wasps I miss you (Mr. Jeffery Deaver I adore you "The Empty Chair" book and its cover that features this lovely creature; though I got shiver down my spine every now and then reading the narration). As reading Musings of a Muse I stumbled upon this post and though it would be a nice idea, or at least to keep my mind of things a bit. Not exactly since now I have to rearrange my thoughts to decide the answer to each of the 7 sins/questions below. No ragrets!

Greed: What’s your most expensive beauty item?
I don't own one that is utterly ridiculously cringe-worthy beauty item but if I have to choose one that would be luxury scented candles (Diptyque, Eve Lom etc). Nobody got time fo dat, unless you're another Prince Regent who spent most of his fortune (if any) on socks.

Wrath: What item do you have a love/hate relationship with?
Base products. As soon as I put foundation and then powder on, my skin looks flaaaawless but then within 2 hours it becomes a hot mess. I've tried so many different bases and powders, high-end or low-end, pressed or loose, mattifying or normal, the end result is pretty much the same.

Gluttony: What brand takes up most of your collection?
My collection is quite diverse, but I think I have many Makeup Academy MUA products since I ordered loads during their massive sales almost 2 years ago.

Sloth: What product do you neglect the most due to laziness?
Never ever body lotion, and most of the time hand lotion/cream. I don't know, I just don't like spending ages smoothing lotion onto my body, it reminds me too much of Silence Of The Lambs "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.". Ugh! Also, fresh out of the shower the skin is usually still moist so the lotion doesn't absorb right away, it takes a lot of time not to mention the messy white film it appears to be before completely soaks into the skin. Not a good look, and it's rather weird rubbing some artificial substance onto your naked body. Ugh! again. (my apology if I disgusted you with my "passion").

Pride: What product gives you the most confidence?
Good eyebrows all the way! I spend time to fill in my brows every morning before going to work, they really frame my face and make me feel much better since I'm too conscious about them being complete uneven and of odd shapes.

Lust: Which item is top of your beauty wish list?
Clinique Cheek Pop blusher in Plum Pop, yuuum... and then the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush palette.

Envy: Which makeup product/look is great on others but not on you?
I'm not so sure since I experiment with almost everything and I wear my makeup how I see fit without caring about what people may think. Rebel heart.
However I don't really think that bare eyes with only mascara and deep lips look nice on me, I prefer a bit of shading and smokiness on my eyelids. In other words, dual darkness, haha.

So these are my answers, which are subject to alteration at any unnoticed moment. Yes I wrote policies for my company's websites, that's why. Hope you're having a nice day and see you in my other posts - lots are coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment