Monday 12 January 2015

Bourjois Bronzer And Gold Bronzer - Faking The Summer Bronze With Bourjois Offerings






Gold Bronzing Powder on the left, Bronzing Powder on the right

This time of year, or in fact any moment if you're in need for some bronziness to enlighten your complexion, there are Bourjois answers to your craving: the now iconic Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder that many people have called "Chocolate Bronzer" instead and Délice de Poudre Or - Gold Bronzing Powder. The latter is a new member of the chocolate family together with their Bronzing Duo. I haven't acquired such duo but my little eyes tell me that the bronzer half is just the same as the original bronzer and the highlighter half is too subtle and pink for my liking, so I opted for the Gold version.

They're exactly what they're described to be: bronzer and gold bronzer, nothing more nothing less. I've heard people using the Délice de Poudre as a contour shade but I can assure you that it contains a fair amount of orange tint to it, which is a good thing for warming up the face actually. Likewise, the Gold one can be used sparingly to introduce a bit of gold warmth on the cheek or in place of a blusher if you're after the over-the-top golden goddess look. Both have such a lovely packaging that has a rather strong magnetic closure (anyone enjoys the sound when the lid clicks in place?) and have a delicious chocolate scent. However, I noticed that the scent fades through time as the original bronzer which I bought some 10 months ago does not smell as strong as the Gold one, not as the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette which has such valuable "loyalty" when it comes to maintaining its deliciousness. That being said, though, I still wish I could eat all of them, gah!

I normally use a separate contour shade (Illamasqua Powder Foundation in 230 since it has a slight cool tone to it) to sculpt out my cheekbones then use either of the aforementioned products in places where I normally put bronzer on. Since the powder texture is so fine it blends effortlessly onto the skin, easy to pick up with a brush and looks seamless. I also discovered another use for the Gold Bronzing Powder: as an eye shadow. Normally face products are quite sheer but for this particular one it is extremely pigmented and somewhat creamy making it a breeze to use both on the lids and cheeks.

The Bourjois Délice de Poudre and Délice de Poudre Or are £7.99 each for a surprising huge amount of 16.5g. These beauties have the total ability to last you for ages I am confident to assure you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment